USA – 5 Days Grand Canyon Rim to Rim Backpacking Adventure
A Rim to Rim hike is the quintessential guided backpacking tour at the Grand Canyon National Park and there is no better way to explore what it has to offer than to hike from one side to the other! This trip begins in the cool pines of the North Rim on the North Kaibab Trail and heads down into the desert landscape of Phantom Ranch near the Colorado River before climbing back up the Bright Angel Trail into the pines on the South Rim. Our 5 day Grand Canyon Rim to Rim hiking tours are all-inclusive, including transportation from Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ to and from the canyon. Join us for an adventure of a lifetime and immerse yourself in one of the seven natural wonders of the world!
Mileage: 25+ miles
Elevation change: 6000 Ft.
- Backpack weighing approximately 35 to 37 pounds
• Grand Canyon North & South Rim
• Cottonwood Camp
• Phantom Ranch
• Indian Garden
• Colorado River
• Grand Canyon National Park
• Rim to Rim hike
• Bright Angel trail
• North Kaibab trail
6 Reasons To Book This Trip
1. Affordable Adventure – Traveling with a like-minded group is not only fun but also it’s cost-effective instead of traveling solo.
2. Forget About The Planning – We take care of permits, transportation, and logistics, so all you have to do is show up.
3. Shared Photos – At the end of every trip we will have a google photo album where we share our wonderful tour pictures. We can also share to this website and multiply the memories!
4. Make New Friends – On every trip you will meet new people, it’s a good opportunity to make friends for your life while enjoying the group event.
5. Group Leader – Event organizer will be there every step of the way, making sure that the trip goes as smoothly as possible.
6. Unforgettable Memories – All events are designed keeping in mind to have an unforgettable memory of your lifetime.
- Arrival: Day01 anytime before 3pm
- Return: Day05 anytime after 7pm
Airport: Scottsdale Airport or Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- The group meets at the arrival airport or at the hotel on Day01.
- More details will be provided via group chat on WhatsApp
- Seat available till the booking is open!
- Balance due 2 months before the tour departure date!
* Minimum number of members requires for all group tour. Please confirm with the organizer before any flight booking!
Arriva Phoenix before 6pm, Today is a free day to explore the city.
Phoenix is the capital of the southwestern U.S. state of Arizona. Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, it anchors a sprawling, multicity metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun. It’s known for high-end spa resorts, Jack Nicklaus–designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. Other highlights include the Desert Botanical Garden, displaying cacti and numerous native plants.
- N/A – Free time
- Hotel in Phoenix
Your Grand Canyon guided backpacking tour begins with an early morning pick-up at your Phoenix hotel. We then transport you to the North Rim via a five and a half-hour drive to the North Kaibab trailhead, passing over the Marble Canyon Gorge and through the Arizona Strip below the Vermilion Cliffs and up through the Kaibab National Forest. We begin our descent starting at about 8000 feet elevation. The Phantom Ranch at the Colorado River is over a mile down in elevation and fourteen miles in distance. You will be carrying a backpack weighing approximately 35 to 37 pounds. It will contain your personal belongings along with the food and camping gear we provide. This is the only trail on the North Rim that has pack horses and mules allowed on it and it is considered the main route to the river below. On this first day, we hike down seven miles to our first campsite at Cottonwood Camp. At this point, we have already left the dense forest of the North Rim far behind and descended into the semi-arid desert of the lower canyon environment.
- Guided Rim to Rim hiking
- Transfer to Trailhead
- Camping at Cottonwood Campground
On the third day of our Grand Canyon Rim to Rim hike, we leave after an early breakfast and hike another seven miles down to the Bright Angel Campground adjacent to Phantom Ranch. There is so much to see here. The historic Phantom Ranch was built by the well-known architect Mary Colter back in the 1930s and is nestled into a canyon facing the river. Side canyons beg to be explored if you have the energy after a day of hiking, or you can sit by the river waiting for a raft to go by. This is a popular, well-traveled trail, so you will see many visitors from all around the world during our time here.
- Guided Rim to Rim hiking
- Camping at Bright Angel Campground
Today, we cross the Colorado River on an extension bridge and hike four miles up the Bright Angel trail to our next camp at Indian Garden. A large artesian spring gushes from a cliff at this verdant campsite. In the afternoon, we offer the option to hike out to a viewpoint above the Colorado River.
- Guided Rim to Rim hiking
- Camping at Indian Garden Campground
On our final day, we finish up our trip with a four and a half-mile hike up the trail to the South Rim. By midday we arrive at the South Rim at an elevation of 7000 feet. A great time to stop for an ice cream cone to celebrate! It’s time to say goodbye to your fellow travelers and the guide as the tour ends today with a transfer back to Scottsdale, AZ. Hoping that you have captured the best moments on camera and packed in a host of travel memories to carry back home with you.
- Guided Rim to Rim hiking
- Transfer to Phoenix
- 1-night hotel in Phoenix/Scottdale with breakfast
- Transfers in SUV / VAN
- Park entrance fees
- All meals from lunch day 2 through lunch day 5
- An experienced Wilderness First Responder Certified Grand Canyon Backpacking Guide
- Transportation From Phoenix / Scottsdale
- Necessary pro-quality backpacking gear including 65 – 75L Osprey backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, trekking poles, single-occupancy tent
- All permits and fees
- Flights (If you are flying)
- Airport transfers
- Meals (other then mentioned above)
- Personal Expenses
- Tips for guide (allow $30 – $50)
- Travel insurance
I'm a solo traveler, can I still join the tour?
Yes of course, As all our tours are for solo travelers. You will travel with like-minded and fun-loving people who like to explore new destinations and activities like yourself.
I want to join with my partner or friends; is it possible?
No condition for fun! You can always join the group tours with anyone by your side either your partner or a group of crazy friends. We make sure to arrange accommodation and all other activities accordingly. Do you want to know the lined-up list of tours; please check our tour finder section for more details.
I am travelling solo, do I have to pay single supplement?
No. All trip prices are based on double occupancy rooms. You will be paired with another solo traveler of the same gender to share the accommodation. If you enrolled with another person, you’ll room with that person. Although single supplement option is available if you prefer a room for yourself. If you are interested in a single room please select the single supplement package while booking.
What are the accommodation options?
We offer luxurious hotels, budgeted motels, spontaneous camps, handy lodges and every other possibility at your destination.
What is cancellation policy?
If you cancel your booking cancellation fees could apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
More than 60 days prior to departure you will receive a full refund less deposit amount
Between 45 to 60 days prior to departure we will retain the deposit or 50% of the amount paid (whichever is greater)
Less than 45 days prior to departure we receive the right to not refund any of the costs paid
Do I need a Travel Medical insurance?
Yes, Travel insurance is required for all international trips. Insurance covers (and reimburses you) for things like trip cancellation, trip interruption, and trip delay, lost or delayed baggage, medical coverage, medical evacuation, etc.
Truly one of the best trips I’ve ever had. It was my first time ever doing a solo trip. Himanshu gave us an itinerary and a list of good traveling tips for Egypt months in advance. He is very organized and responsive so I never had any concerns. Everything was already taken care of. All I had to do was show up. The scenes in Egypt were breathtaking and I saw places that I never thought I’d see.James U Calizaire
Had a great time in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Land in Salt Lake City & the rest of the trip is taken care by BLGT.. you have absolutely nothing to worry about.. logistics, campsite booking, tickets, planning is all done by them. We had a great guide with us through out the trip. Would definitely be going with BLGT in future.Priyanka Rk
The trip was to the Galapagos and it was wonderful Quito was also a beautiful City.Graciela Montani
This was a trip of a lifetime, been wanting to do this for a long time. All planning done right and price was great can’t wait for my next trip, unfortunately I can only do one a yearSlatorvator
Had a great experience through BLGT recently in Alaska; appreciated the trip leaders’ ability to handle logistics so you could focus on the experience and having fun. It was just like traveling with a group of friends, with the added bonus of the itinerary being all taken care of.Asma Madad