- North America
- Latin America
- Africa & Middle East
USA – 5 Days Shenandoah – West Virginia Adventure with Rock Climbing via Ferrata
Don't have an account? Create one.
Is rock climbing on your bucket list? Its time to check off with this amazing rock climbing experience via Ferrata, it is a one of a kind adventure experience, offering a mile of fixed-anchor, professionally-guided rock climbing in West Virginia. Camp near Seneca rock along with scenic hike, drive to Spruce knob – the highest point in the state of West Virginia and the summit of Spruce Mountain, the highest peak in the Allegheny Mountains. Enjoy scenic skyline drive and fall foliage at Shenandoah National park. A perfect action-packed getaway.
• West Virginia
• Monongahela National Forest
• Seneca Rocks
• Nelson Rocks
• Spruce knob
• Blackwater Falls
• Shenandoah NP
• Skyline drive
- Small groups adventure
- Road Trip
- Rock climbing via Ferrata
- Fall foliage
6 Reasons To Book This Trip
1. Affordable Adventure – Traveling with a like-minded group is not only fun but also it’s cost-effective instead of traveling solo.
2. Forget About The Planning – We take care of permits, transportation, and logistics, so all you have to do is show up.
3. Shared Photos – At the end of every trip we will have a google photo album where we share our wonderful tour pictures. We can also share to this website and multiply the memories!
4. Make New Friends – On every trip you will meet new people, it’s a good opportunity to make friends for your life while enjoying the group event.
5. Group Leader – Event organizer will be there every step of the way, making sure that the trip goes as smoothly as possible.
6. Unforgettable Memories – All events are designed keeping in mind to have an unforgettable memory of your lifetime.
- Arrival: Day01 arrive before 12pm
- Return: Day05 anytime after 2pm
Airport: Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- The group meets at the arrival airport or at the hotel on Day01.
- More details will be provided via group chat on WhatsApp
- Seat available till the booking is open!
- Balance due 2 months before the tour departure date!
* Minimum number of members requires for all group tour. Please confirm with the organizer before any flight booking!
Arrival in Dulles, VA. Get transfer to the campsite at Seneca rocks. (2h.30m drive)
Check-in to the campsite, after pitching the tent its time to do a short hike to Seneca rocks to capture the beautiful sunset and fall colours. Enjoy campfire and dinner at the campsite.
Distance: 1.3 miles (2.6 miles round trip) Difficulty: Easy. The Seneca Rocks Hiking Trail rises to nearly 700 feet in elevation.
- Airport transfer
Today after breakfast its time to conquer Nelson Rock. The Via Ferrata at NROCKS is one of a kind adventure experience, offering a mile of fixed-anchor, professionally-guided rock climbing. During this 3.5-5 hour climb, you’ll gain 1085 feet in elevation, cross a suspension bridge that is 150 feet high and 200 feet long, and reach exposed heights of 280 feet. All you need for this day on the rocks is some physical ability, an appreciation of the outdoors, and of course a desire to have a great day outside! You’ll gear up, and get taught how to use the 2 carabiner lanyard which allows climbers to be clipped into the safety cable at all times. Then off you go, the higher you climb, the better the views! Make sure to bring a camera and a friend to record this awesome outdoor adventure!
- No climbing experience required!
- Check complete details here: https://www.nrocks.com/activities/via-ferrata/
Later head to Spruce Knob, at 4,863 feet, is the highest point in the state of West Virginia and the summit of Spruce Mountain, the highest peak in the Allegheny Mountains. Enjoy short hike and sunset from the summit.
Stop by the spruce knob lake to enjoy some great fall foliage. Spruce Knob Lake is a 23-acre reservoir located within the Monongahela National Forest.
- NRocks climb via Ferrata
- Walking / Hiking
- Scenic drive
Today after breakfast head to Blackwater Falls State Park, a 62-foot cascade where the Blackwater River leaves its leisurely course in Canaan Valley and enters rugged Blackwater Canyon.
Explore the park with some short trails.
- Blackwater Falls – 0.4 miles moderately trafficked out & back trail – Elevation gain 131 ft
- Elakala to Yellow Birch Trail – 4.3 miles moderately trafficked loop trail – Elevation gain 393 ft
- Lindy Point Overlook – 0.8 miles heavily trafficked out and back trail – Elevation gain 49 ft (fall foliage & sunset)
Later drive back to Seneca Rocks.
Today after breakfast take a scenic Skyline Drive to Shenandoah National Park, is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, just west of Washington, D.C. Skyline Drive is the main road that runs the span of Shenandoah. Enjoy the beautiful fall foliage along with a short summit hike to Hawksbill summit.
- Hawksbill Summit Trail – 1.5 miles heavily trafficked out and back trail – Elevation gain 672 ft
- Dark hollow trail – 1.4 miles heavily trafficked out and back trail –
- Multiple overviews photo stops on the Skyline Drive – Elevation gain 564 ft
Enjoy the beautiful sunset from the skyline drive and campfire at the campsite.
- Fall foliage
- Shenandoah NP
- Skyline Drive
Enjoy the beautiful sunrise from skyline drive, stop for the breakfast and continue on Skyline drive to the airport. Arrive at the airport by the afternoon to catch your flight back home. It’s time to say goodbye to your fellow travelers as the tour ends today. Hoping that you have captured the best moments on camera and packed in a host of travel memories to carry back home with you.
- Airport transfer
- 4-nights camping
- Event host
- All ground transportation (SUV / VAN)
- Fabulous National & State Parks
- Entrance to all parks
- NRocks Via Ferrata adventure
- Guided walking/hiking
- Flights (If you are flying)
- Personal Expenses
You will need basic camping gear:
– Duffle bag or Backpack to fit all your camping gear
– Small Daypack (to carry snacks/water while you are hiking/exploring)
– Hiking boots with good grip for gravel and rocky terrain
– Sleeping Bag
– Tent (waterproof)
– Air mattress or Sleeping Pad
– Bugs spray
– Small pouch (toiletries)
– Dry food pack (Mountain house – If you prefer cooking at the campsite)
– Camping stove (only if you going to cook at the campsite. We will make a stop to pick up grocery or eat at the restaurants nearby)
– Rain Gear (Jacket, Pants or Poncho)
*** Nights will be cold in the mountains, so layering is essential.
– Fleece jacket
– Fleece Pant
I'm a solo traveler, can I still join the tour?
Yes of course, As all our tours are for solo travelers. You will travel with like-minded and fun-loving people who like to explore new destinations and activities like yourself.
I want to join with my partner or friends; is it possible?
No condition for fun! You can always join the group tours with anyone by your side either your partner or a group of crazy friends. We make sure to arrange accommodation and all other activities accordingly. Do you want to know the lined-up list of tours; please check our tour finder section for more details.
I am travelling solo, do I have to pay single supplement?
No. All trip prices are based on double occupancy rooms. You will be paired with another solo traveler of the same gender to share the accommodation. If you enrolled with another person, you’ll room with that person. Although single supplement option is available if you prefer a room for yourself. If you are interested in a single room please select the single supplement package while booking.
What are the accommodation options?
We offer luxurious hotels, budgeted motels, spontaneous camps, handy lodges and every other possibility at your destination.
What is cancellation policy?
If you cancel your booking cancellation fees could apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
More than 60 days prior to departure you will receive a full refund less deposit amount
Between 45 to 60 days prior to departure we will retain the deposit or 50% of the amount paid (whichever is greater)
Less than 45 days prior to departure we receive the right to not refund any of the costs paid
Do I need a Travel Medical insurance?
Yes, Travel insurance is required for all international trips. Insurance covers (and reimburses you) for things like trip cancellation, trip interruption, and trip delay, lost or delayed baggage, medical coverage, medical evacuation, etc.
Truly one of the best trips I’ve ever had. It was my first time ever doing a solo trip. Himanshu gave us an itinerary and a list of good traveling tips for Egypt months in advance. He is very organized and responsive so I never had any concerns. Everything was already taken care of. All I had to do was show up. The scenes in Egypt were breathtaking and I saw places that I never thought I’d see.James U Calizaire
Had a great time in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Land in Salt Lake City & the rest of the trip is taken care by BLGT.. you have absolutely nothing to worry about.. logistics, campsite booking, tickets, planning is all done by them. We had a great guide with us through out the trip. Would definitely be going with BLGT in future.Priyanka Rk
The trip was to the Galapagos and it was wonderful Quito was also a beautiful City.Graciela Montani
This was a trip of a lifetime, been wanting to do this for a long time. All planning done right and price was great can’t wait for my next trip, unfortunately I can only do one a yearSlatorvator
Had a great experience through BLGT recently in Alaska; appreciated the trip leaders’ ability to handle logistics so you could focus on the experience and having fun. It was just like traveling with a group of friends, with the added bonus of the itinerary being all taken care of.Asma Madad